<body>

This space presents my personal insights into creativities, films, musics, apple mac, visual design, photography, travel adventures, people, news, voices on my beloved country 'Malaysia' and abit about my spiritual journey in the inner-spiritual dimension of Islam. No script, No instructions. Just sharing a brief of the world that inspires me, the books on my shelves, where I work and the project I do, my current passion or simply talk about what's on my mind! But this is not a one-way thingie. This is just part of the matrix. Have your say in the "conversation", just say something. View and enjoy my live broadcast showreels, please be patient while the files are loading.

Broadcasting my showreels & favorite showcases
Click here, if you can't see video player (www.freewebs.com)

MacMachine Some edited footages I shot during a New York City trip for Human Rights Watch International Film Festival and the New York Asian Film Festival in June 2005. Nearly mugged wandering around. It's a little tribute to this lovely city and people but NOT to Bush and his administration. It got this wonderful creative aura energy that hard to explain. Anyway, this video here will tell on how I felt being in the "City That Never Sleeps". Edited with the background music of U2 from the album "All that you can't leave behind, New York - 2000 ".

Islamic Sufism BroadcastCurrently I produce or direct people-driven stories and news related to muslims.net in MIDDLE EAST and ASIA PACIFIC for a global broadcaster in HD High Definition. At times I design, direct and produce on-air promotions, show packaging, channel branding, music videos, commercials and corporate videos. Versatile with AVID, Final Cut Studio nonlinear editing suite, Adobe After Effects, ProAnimator, Photoshop and Illustrator. Enjoy the rest of my broadcast list which showcases my past project, travelblog & my own personal spiritual Islamic journey of self-discovery.

Your Ad Here

Friday, August 05, 2005

journalist & fellow blogger killed in Iraq

A freelance reporter and our blogger comrade Steven Vincent was murdered Tuesday night in Basra, Iraq. Reports that he wrote on ties which link Iraqi police with ediotic extremists, likely led to his killing. National Review article, MSNBC story. This piece he wrote for Sunday's New York Times -- it is believed that this story inspired his murder. Sad news and I had been reading his blog for a while back.

In his 2004 book, he spoke of the time that Iraqi colleagues in Basra told him that "Iraqi journalists are not free. If we go too deep into some stories, we will anger certain people — and they will kill us." In this "shadow world of perpetual revenge killings", he duly noted, "there are dangerous forces throughout Iraq who do not want the media to investigate their activities. Especially in Basra, where the placid British occupation barely suppresses the violence and intrigue. Here, Islamic hit-squads murder liquor store owners and drunks they find on the street." This latest news, made me think twice to be in Iraq at this time. This death will be added to the 64 journalists and media assistants killed since the start of fighting in Iraq from March 2003, two are still missing. And I mat one briefly when I was in Karamah border, Jordan.

Bless them all!

Labels:

2 Conversation:

on the 8/12/2005 12:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sorry he is dead, but he is extremely naive.

 
on the 8/22/2005 10:02:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Hatz. Don't end up like him. Becareful when doing your job in Iraq. I know what you doing is good but being dead, is NOT. Please take care!

 

Post a Comment

pirate
“ Better to be a Pirate than to join the Navy ”

Steve Jobs - Referring to the pirate flag that flew over Apple’s headquaters in 1983. I believe that quote was one of three keyphrases for a large Apple meeting/conference, and the Pirate flag was attached to the Macintosh building after that meeting. So the flag was actually a reaction to that.