<body>

This space presents my personal insights into creativities, films, musics, apple mac, visual design, photography, travel adventures, people, news, voices on my beloved country 'Malaysia' and abit about my spiritual journey in the inner-spiritual dimension of Islam. No script, No instructions. Just sharing a brief of the world that inspires me, the books on my shelves, where I work and the project I do, my current passion or simply talk about what's on my mind! But this is not a one-way thingie. This is just part of the matrix. Have your say in the "conversation", just say something. View and enjoy my live broadcast showreels, please be patient while the files are loading.

Broadcasting my showreels & favorite showcases
Click here, if you can't see video player (www.freewebs.com)

MacMachine Some edited footages I shot during a New York City trip for Human Rights Watch International Film Festival and the New York Asian Film Festival in June 2005. Nearly mugged wandering around. It's a little tribute to this lovely city and people but NOT to Bush and his administration. It got this wonderful creative aura energy that hard to explain. Anyway, this video here will tell on how I felt being in the "City That Never Sleeps". Edited with the background music of U2 from the album "All that you can't leave behind, New York - 2000 ".

Islamic Sufism BroadcastCurrently I produce or direct people-driven stories and news related to muslims.net in MIDDLE EAST and ASIA PACIFIC for a global broadcaster in HD High Definition. At times I design, direct and produce on-air promotions, show packaging, channel branding, music videos, commercials and corporate videos. Versatile with AVID, Final Cut Studio nonlinear editing suite, Adobe After Effects, ProAnimator, Photoshop and Illustrator. Enjoy the rest of my broadcast list which showcases my past project, travelblog & my own personal spiritual Islamic journey of self-discovery.

Your Ad Here

Monday, April 09, 2007

James Nachtway pictures that can change the world

" West Bank, 2002 by James Nachtway - Mourning the dead in Jenin refugee camp. "

James Nachtway, one of the most renowned war photographers of the late 20th/ early 21st century, just received the 2007 TED Prize. His pictures - which range from the Vietnam War, to the Rwanda genocide, to the Middle East conflict - are not only beautiful in composition, but also captures, in an unadulterated fashion, human sufferings during times of conflict. Most importantly, Natchway's powerful still images gives a voice to the world's voiceless and forces viewers to reexamine the world that we live in.

Nachway has demonstrated himself to be one of the world's foremost influencer? someone whose life task, goal and aspiration can and should inspire all of us.

To view his TED award acceptance speech, as well as some of his works: here at YouTube

Labels: ,

1 Conversation:

on the 11/10/2008 05:06:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good post.

 

Post a Comment

pirate
“ Better to be a Pirate than to join the Navy ”

Steve Jobs - Referring to the pirate flag that flew over Apple’s headquaters in 1983. I believe that quote was one of three keyphrases for a large Apple meeting/conference, and the Pirate flag was attached to the Macintosh building after that meeting. So the flag was actually a reaction to that.