<body>

This space presents my personal insights into creativities, films, musics, apple mac, visual design, photography, travel adventures, people, news, voices on my beloved country 'Malaysia' and abit about my spiritual journey in the inner-spiritual dimension of Islam. No script, No instructions. Just sharing a brief of the world that inspires me, the books on my shelves, where I work and the project I do, my current passion or simply talk about what's on my mind! But this is not a one-way thingie. This is just part of the matrix. Have your say in the "conversation", just say something. View and enjoy my live broadcast showreels, please be patient while the files are loading.

Broadcasting my showreels & favorite showcases
Click here, if you can't see video player (www.freewebs.com)

MacMachine Some edited footages I shot during a New York City trip for Human Rights Watch International Film Festival and the New York Asian Film Festival in June 2005. Nearly mugged wandering around. It's a little tribute to this lovely city and people but NOT to Bush and his administration. It got this wonderful creative aura energy that hard to explain. Anyway, this video here will tell on how I felt being in the "City That Never Sleeps". Edited with the background music of U2 from the album "All that you can't leave behind, New York - 2000 ".

Islamic Sufism BroadcastCurrently I produce or direct people-driven stories and news related to muslims.net in MIDDLE EAST and ASIA PACIFIC for a global broadcaster in HD High Definition. At times I design, direct and produce on-air promotions, show packaging, channel branding, music videos, commercials and corporate videos. Versatile with AVID, Final Cut Studio nonlinear editing suite, Adobe After Effects, ProAnimator, Photoshop and Illustrator. Enjoy the rest of my broadcast list which showcases my past project, travelblog & my own personal spiritual Islamic journey of self-discovery.

Your Ad Here

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Masjid Al-Huda Kampung Tempe on Bukit Timah Community Trail tv news

" via > the straits times/video news/25.7.2007,Wednesday "
Please 'PAUSE' the main video player on top to watch this video

The Al-Huda mosque was in the news again about Bukit Timah Community Trail that launched on Monday as part of Singapore HeritageFest 2007. My dad was in JB and nobody at home to be interviewed. I think my dad had appeared on tv and the newsprint a couple of time regarding my grandfather wakaf mosque and the "old kampong tempe". We are the only 'kampong' house here, surrounded by semi-ds and condos.

This Bukit Timah Heritage Trail highlight facts such as how Bukit Timah got its name and the stories that lie behind the many landmarks there. Sites such as the Old Ford Factory (which was really haunted, we played there when we were kids during school holiday looking for scrap metal to sell) - where the British surrender took place in World War 2, and Al-Huda mosque at Jalan Haji Alias build by the people of 'kampong tempe' on the "estate of Haji Ahmad bin Haji Abdul Halim" wakaf land.

" Bapak(Dad) reading his paper outside the patio "

" A view coming in from Masjid AlHuda "

My granddad Haji Ahmad bin Haji Abdul Halim was the Chief Kadi in the postwar Colony of Singapore who also officiate and solemnize the marriage of Maria Hertogh (Nadra) to Mansoor Adabi. I've got some great stories from my dad regarding this event which started the 1950 racial riot in Singapore . At the meantime, go and read the book "The Nadra Tragedy, The Maria Hertogh Controversy by Haja Maideen" for more historical fact or you can read up the wikipedia version of the story here. I have great memories growing up in the old kampong days in the 70's - more story on that at a later post.

I really need this break by writing...my work is killing me and I hope to complete the project soon after the client made the final approval.

Nadra Tragedy

Or you can watch the movie soon, but I don't think it will portrayed the true historical event.
[ via - Channel NewsAsia ]

Singpore, Netherlands to make film about 1950 racial riots – May 24, 2007

Maria Hertogh was born into a Dutch Catholic family on 29th December, 1942, and went to stay with Che Aminah binte Mohammad, a close friend of her grandmother Nor Louise. This transfer of custody of Maria by her mother, Adeline Hunter, was the centre of much controversy, over whether Maria’s shift was an unofficial adoption – as claimed by Che Aminah – or just a brief stay at her house, as Mrs Hertogh claimed.

"Prior to the riots, the disputed custody of Maria had received widespread press coverage. Many Muslims living in Malaya and Indonesia believed in the legitimacy of the adoption of Maria and a later short- lived marriage to Mansoor Adabi, two major points of contest in the court proceeding to determine the custody of Maria. They thus lent their support, financial and moral, to organizations that fought to keep Maria in Malaya.

But some, such as the Malayan nationalists, seized the incident as an opportunity to further weaken the colonial government's position in the region. The insensitivity of the colonial government towards Muslim sentiments and the involvement of radical elements eventually culminated in the tragedy.

In total, 18 people were killed, among whom were seven Europeans or Eurasians, two police officers, and nine rioters shot by the police or military, 173 were injured, many of them seriously, 119 vehicles were damaged, and at least two buildings were set on fire. Subsequently, two weeks of 24-hour curfew were imposed, and it was a long time before complete law and order was re- established."
Read more on VarietyAsiaOnline.Com
Find out more on the film: Monsoonpictures.net

||||

Labels:

0 Conversation:

Post a Comment

pirate
“ Better to be a Pirate than to join the Navy ”

Steve Jobs - Referring to the pirate flag that flew over Apple’s headquaters in 1983. I believe that quote was one of three keyphrases for a large Apple meeting/conference, and the Pirate flag was attached to the Macintosh building after that meeting. So the flag was actually a reaction to that.