<body>

This space presents my personal insights into creativities, films, musics, apple mac, visual design, photography, travel adventures, people, news, voices on my beloved country 'Malaysia' and abit about my spiritual journey in the inner-spiritual dimension of Islam. No script, No instructions. Just sharing a brief of the world that inspires me, the books on my shelves, where I work and the project I do, my current passion or simply talk about what's on my mind! But this is not a one-way thingie. This is just part of the matrix. Have your say in the "conversation", just say something. View and enjoy my live broadcast showreels, please be patient while the files are loading.

Broadcasting my showreels & favorite showcases
Click here, if you can't see video player (www.freewebs.com)

MacMachine Some edited footages I shot during a New York City trip for Human Rights Watch International Film Festival and the New York Asian Film Festival in June 2005. Nearly mugged wandering around. It's a little tribute to this lovely city and people but NOT to Bush and his administration. It got this wonderful creative aura energy that hard to explain. Anyway, this video here will tell on how I felt being in the "City That Never Sleeps". Edited with the background music of U2 from the album "All that you can't leave behind, New York - 2000 ".

Islamic Sufism BroadcastCurrently I produce or direct people-driven stories and news related to muslims.net in MIDDLE EAST and ASIA PACIFIC for a global broadcaster in HD High Definition. At times I design, direct and produce on-air promotions, show packaging, channel branding, music videos, commercials and corporate videos. Versatile with AVID, Final Cut Studio nonlinear editing suite, Adobe After Effects, ProAnimator, Photoshop and Illustrator. Enjoy the rest of my broadcast list which showcases my past project, travelblog & my own personal spiritual Islamic journey of self-discovery.

Your Ad Here

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

apple Safari for windows and Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard

" Steve unveiling Safari for Windows at WWDC 2007 Keynote Speech yesterday "

Safari will run on Windows, but I wondered why??? I understand iTunes runs on Windows to sell more iPods.

I'm pretty sure Google is the default search engine on Safari for Windows. Every time a search is performed and a sponsored link is clicked Apple makes money. If they can capture just a few percents of the Windows browser market share they will make tons of money just like Firefox and Opera does.

Great for Apple. Great for Windows users. Great for web developers.
Thanks Mac Rumors Live for the info and image.

So, if you're on Windows go ahead download the public beta of Safari4W: www.apple.com/safari
For me, I just installed Safari 3 public beta (Mac). It is noticeably faster which is amazing considering how fast Safari already was. I must add that the new search is quite cool! The only downside so far, is that I can't share files with Rapidshare premium account.

Info: http://www.apple.com/safari/
Download: http://www.apple.com/safari/download/

" Steve demo'd Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard almost the same things that he did at Macworld earlier this year.. at WWDC 2007 Keynote Speech yesterday "

After WWDC 2007 Apple Keynote Speech, I'm left a bit disappointed and wondering if Apple is taking iPhone over their head? Sorry but I'm missing out some of Apple's "Top Secret" features in Leopard. Part from a new Finder, new Desktop, new Quick Look and Bootcamp built inside.. I'm wondering what are the other "Top Secret" features? Steve demo'd almost the same things that he did at Macworld earlier this year..So far Leopard hasn't blowed me away, a part from Time machine..

You guys must be thinking that I'm just complaining about Leopard, but here's some features that I do like and look forward to, although they seem little compared to Spotlight, Dashboard etc. I might make a big mistake as Apple might be lurking in the dark with the really big features, there are almost 300+ new features in Leopard, but why did they not demo'd those at WWDC?

Time Machine
New Desktop
New Finder
DVD Player
All windows uses a single, consistent appearance.
What are your thoughts of Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard so far? Please feel free comment..

Labels: , ,

2 Conversation:

on the 6/14/2007 01:39:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A few tidbits, however, have been posted publicly online:
- One blogger posted these positive impressions
• Mail is really great, seems super fast
• Spotlight much more responsive, no pauses as you type
• Safari seems faster and now has that styled text editor as in FireFox (used in blogger for example)
• New Finder, not as new as I had expected, seems solid and sensible.
• Coverflow everywhere, yeah, whatever..
• Quickview is useful I think, certainly seems fast.
• Time Machine looks like it works really, really well.

The blog post, however, has since been removed.

Meanwhile, a few forum posts (unverified) report the following about the new Leopard beta:

• Completely new mail client. Much faster, better calendar support, keep notes
• Stacks are fantastic.
• Dock works fine on the sides, 3D but the icons are sideways (proper) with shadow. Looks awesome on the side.

 
on the 6/15/2007 12:54:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i am not a mac fan, but it is an interesting post and will finnd more about apple.....

yeahh, they got a nice website there

thanks, and keepit up

 

Post a Comment

pirate
“ Better to be a Pirate than to join the Navy ”

Steve Jobs - Referring to the pirate flag that flew over Apple’s headquaters in 1983. I believe that quote was one of three keyphrases for a large Apple meeting/conference, and the Pirate flag was attached to the Macintosh building after that meeting. So the flag was actually a reaction to that.